Blueberry Lemon Muffins
This recipe makes ridiculously soft muffins with sharp bursts of blueberry flavour. They’re a little sweet but not too sweet.
You Will Need
This may seem like a lot but it really wasn’t – I already had everything in my kitchen with the exception of the blueberries.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) margarine/butter, melted
- 1 egg
- dash of vanilla extract
- 1 or 2 lemons (pick how lemony you want it)
- 1cup (ish) Plain Yogurt – I added a bit more than 1 cup; it’s sort of a loose guideline.
- 3/4 cups of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- A bit of raw sugar, for sprinkling on top (optional but totally worth it.)
- 3 cups minus 2 tablespoons flour (I know, this was annoying for me to measure but I stole this part from a different recipe & didn’t want to deviate…)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- dash of nutmeg
- 2ish cups of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 385°
- Muffins take about 20 minutes to bake
- Made 17 muffins for me, so expect around that number.
- Nutritional Information per muffin:
- 148 Calories
- 34g carbs
- 19g of sugar
- 1g fat
- 1g protein
Step One – Wet Ingredients
Melt butter in microwave and then add all wet ingredients & mix together.
For the lemon, grate the skin to get that delicious lemon zest & then cut the lemon in half and squeeze all of its juice in there too. You could probably get away with using TWO lemons if you’re craving a more lemony muffin.
Step Two – Dry Ingredients
Mix together dry ingredients with the exception of the blueberries.
Step Three – Merge!
Add dry to wet, stir together with as few stirs as possible. If you find the batter is tough, you can add a dash of milk to moisten it. Then add the blueberries – try to mix them in gently without breaking them open.
Step Four – Bake
Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture into a muffin pan. Sprinkle top of each muffin with raw sugar, and maybe squish in a few blueberries on top if you have extras. I baked mine for about 20 minutes, although it could take a bit longer.